Updated: Riot has now begun officially teasing the new Agent with a couple of ambigious screenshots.
With the caption “Wer ist sie?”, German for “Who is she?” it looks like earlier leaks claiming Killjoy being a female German agent were correct.
Wer ist sie? pic.twitter.com/CyCixCfG98
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) July 28, 2020
The teaser images correlate to the leaked abilities earlier and can be interpreted as confirmation of those. While no clear release date for the new agent was stated, Act 2 is set to launch on August 4 and seems a likely date for Killjoy to join the fray.
We have gatherd the leaked abilities of Killjoy in our initial article on July 28, which can be read below.
Original article from July 28:
Next month’s release of Act 2 for VALORANT will also mean another new agent for Riot’s shooter. Killjoy will be the new agent and most details are already known due to a leak on the official website.
More variety for map control agents is often the demand by players whenever Sage gets nerfed yet again. Act 2’s agent Killjoy is supposed to fill that gap.
Similar to Cypher the new Agent focuses on area control and denial. Abilities range from automatic turrets to mines and a strong grenade. Perfect to keep enemies away from your bombsite of choice.
A first look at all of Killjoy’s abilities in #VALORANT has been leaked!
– Lockdown (Ultimate)
👍 or 👎?pic.twitter.com/UDosVNAB7m
— Valorant News (@ValorantUpdates) July 28, 2020
A closer look at the abilites
On the now removed official website players could find the video clips and also read detailled description of the abilities written from Killjoy’s perspective.
- Equip and deploy a bot that hunts down enemies who dare to get in range. When my killer robot friend reaches its target, boom goes the idiot.
- Alarmbot not only deals damage, it temporarily leaves affected targets vulnerable to double damage from all sources. Hold equip if you want to recall your deployed bot.
- Sometimes it’s good to plant some roots. Deploy a turret that fires at enemies within its 180 degree cone. Hold equip to recall the deployed turret.
- With my turret, I can hold an area pretty well myself while the others cover the angles I can’t.
- OK check this out. Throw the grenade. When it lands, it goes quiet. Then, activate the Nanoswarm to deploy a damaging swarm of nanobots and catch the enemy crying.I love this trick!
- You’ll have to adjust your timing for the windup, but once you get this device going, it detains all enemies caught in its radius for about 8 seconds. Yeah, enemies can destroy it—except I built plenty more.
On Twitter and other social media some players have already complained, that another agent gets implemented with high damage on abilities. Some already decry Killjoy as a “horrific lovechild between Raze and Cypher”. But others praise Riot for finally offering alternatives to mainstays Sage and Cypher in the Sentinel department.