The first patch since VALORANT’s release is a minor one. Besides some changes to Spike Rush, Sage has been hit with nerfs yet again.
One week after the official release Riot has already issued some minor changes to VALORANT. Spike Rush received the lion’s share of adjustments, but besides optimisation Riot has also found the time to nerf Sage yet again.
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) June 9, 2020
Sage nerfed again
The Range of Sage’s Barrier Orb has been cut in half, greatly reducing the offensive capabilities of the abilitiy. With a range of just 10 meters taking map control with it at round start has become a lot more difficult. We can expect a further changer of Sage towards defensive play.
New orbs for Spike Rush
The new casual mode Spike Rush has just been implemented but true to its “beta”-tag Riot has deployed adjustments to it already. Three new orbs have been added to the mode with varying effects. Some will give you buffs while others damage your opponents.
Overview of the new orbs:
- Health Orb – Grants teamwide health regen (12 HP per second) for 20 seconds.
- Deception Orb – Applies “Paranoia” to the enemy team 3 seconds after capture. “Paranoia” disables the minimap, reduces field of vision and plays fake sound cues (gunfire and steps) to afflicted players.
- Golden Gun – Grants capturing player a Golden Gun. The Golden Gun kills with a single bullet. Players can move at knife speed while carrying the Golden Gun and enjoy 100% accuracy while moving. The Golden Gun starts with 3 bullets for each kill you are rewarded another bullet.
Bugfixes and performance improvements
Besides these larger changes Riot also fixed many bugs involving Cyphers camera and Reyna’s flash. Another aspect focused on by the developers was the perfomance on different systems, especially during fights. Many framedrops have been fixed and performance on high-end and middle class systems should see improvements.
- Valorant WTF Moments #1
- Ascent no longer featured in map rotation
- Deathmatch coming to VALORANT soon
You can read the the full patchnotes on the official VALORANT website:
VALORANT Patch 1.01
How do you like the adjustments in Patch 1.01? Join the discussion on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or on our Discord!
You can help improve our website by sharing your feedback here!