With the introduction of Fortnite’s Infinity Gauntlet temporary mode, players may enjoy a mash-up of the battle royale game as well as elements from the new Avengers: Infinity War movie.
After the successful launch of the mode, Fortnite now addresses some of the bugbears that have cropped up after extensive live testing.
So far, the developers have fixed a number of issues in a hot patch. It had largely to do with:
- Fixed floor loot drops to correctly only spawn Rare, Epic and Legendary quality weapons within the Infinity Gauntlet LTM.
Following the first hotfix, developers now announced that they have amended more features, including:
- Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
- Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
- Decreased health from 800 to 500.
General Mode Changes
- Reduced height of the Bus when dropping
- Bigger initial storm circle
- Less storm damage early game (first 3 storms from 5%/5%/10% per tick to 1%/2.5%/5%)
- Initial Gauntlet spawn time changed from bus ride plus 30-45s to bus ride plus 120-135s
- The increased spawn rate of Med Kits, Chug Jugs and Big Shields.
- Removed spawn of Bandages and Slurp Juice.
In all cases, Thanos’ weakness or imbalanced gameplay was cited as the main reason for the changes brought around.