Dota 2’s Patch 7.15 was deployed Thursday and it includes some big changes on how the game works. While Valve mentioned they won’t be updating during a Major, that’s not the case with Minors, as GESC: Thailand is still not over.
- Bounty Runes now spawn every 5 minutes
- Bounty Runes now grants gold to each player (40 + 3/min)
- Bounty Runes now fully fills bottles
- Bottles heal rate increased from 80/40 HP/MP to 100/50
Increasing the spawn time of bounty runes by 2.5 times, but also the gold, now rewarding the whole team for 40 gold instead of only the hero picking it. That change will make roaming characters more invested into the laning phase and less focused on picking up runes every two minutes. On the other hand, the later the game goes, the more value will the runes provide to the whole team, one side picking all four of them on minute 20 for instance will net a 500-gold lead. That’s more than a Roshan kill and a tower together. Let’s not forget that the 5-minute spawn time is for the bounty runes only; the other river runes will keep appearing every two. The increase of Bottle heal rate is a minor buff to heroes reliant on it like Queen of Pain or Zeus, giving them that extra juice.
- Melee Creeps base gold bounty reduced by 2
- Range Creeps base gold bounty reduced by 1
- Range Creeps gold bounty increase per upgrade changed from 1 to 3 (With these changes, the total gold difference on the map at 40 minutes is 2052 less gold)
- Melee Barracks team bounty reduced from 225 to 175
- Ground Courier bounty reduced from 175 to 125 (Flying Courier is still 175)
- Tower denies now remove all gold instead of just half (previously it gave 50/60/70/80 for tier 1/2/3/4 denies)
It looks like gold will be scarce in the upcoming MDL Changsha, so greedier cores will be taking even longer to come online. Denying a tower now gives zero gold to the enemy, which is hard to grasp, but justified. You’ll have to think twice before you try going for the lasthit on a tower.
- Agility heroes base strength increased by 1
- Intelligence heroes base intelligence reduced by 2, except for bane (base damage adjusted to remain the same)
Agility heroes have 18 more starting health points, the effective health varies depending on base armour and a character like Terrorblade (11.4 armor at level 1) will get more out of it than someone like Monkey King (1.4 armour at level 1). The change to intelligence-based heroes won’t change their damage in any way, as noted above, but the mana pool is going down by 30. Currently Crystal Maiden and Invoker will have less Intelligence than Phantom Assassin. While Invoker’s a core hero that has a massive stat gain and won’t feel the difference that much, Crystal Maiden’s early levels will be even worse.
- Neutral camp stack bounty increased from 20% to 25%
- Ancient HP regen increased from 8 to 12
- Observer Wards restock cooldown reduced from 150 to 135
- Observer Wards cost reduced from 80 to 75
- Enchanted Mango HP regen reduced from 0.7 to 0.6
The neutral camp stacking that was first introduced in 7.09, initially at 15%, now increases to 25%. Won’t be much of a surprise to see it go to 30%. Ancients regen 50% more, so you might need a few extra attacks to finish them off. Wards are cheaper and available more often, a nice change as long as people buy them. Mango’s getting worse every patch and going back to being an early game item that doesn’t build into anything and can’t be sold.
- Roshan Slam damage growth increased from 8 per minute to 10
- Roshan base damage increased from 65 to 75
- Roshan base health increased from 5500 to 6000
- Roshan now takes a bit longer to kill and it’ll be riskier doing so early on. Otherwise not a very significant change.
- Removed a tree to the bottom right of the dire mid lane, near the map ledge
- Minor adjustments to the position of the powerup runes
- Reduced spawn box sizes for a few of Dire neutral spawns
- Removed a tree to the right of the bottom Radiant bounty rune
- Moved the bottom Dire T1 tower slightly down
- Moved the bottom Dire bounty rune slightly to the right
- Moved the bottom Dire shrine location slightly down
- Moved the top Dire T1 slightly to the right
- Slight adjustments to the line of sight and trees to the left of the mid Dire T1
- Ranged creeps now always spawn behind the melee creeps
Two trees around the bottom river rune are now removed, thus slightly increasing the vision to it. Dire T1 tower at bottom is closer to the enemy safelane making it even riskier, while Dire T1 top tower is moved further back. Nothing too game-changing overall. With the ranged creep always spawning behind the melee ones, the random element when trying to block a wave is now gone.
- Captains Mode round time increased from 30 to 35
- Captains Mode second ban phase order changed from 2nd/1st/2nd/1st to 1st/2nd/1st/2nd
An extra five seconds while picking under pressure, deeply appreciated. The ban phase change only makes sense, as so far Radiant had the first ban in two phases in a row. A lot of people argued about the format and how it provided an unfair advantage in highly ranked games. The consequences remain to be seen.