The next stop of the HCT Tour is Paese del Sole, Italy. Up to 512 of Europe’s best card-flingers will compete for serious cash and HC points in prizes.
The Hearthstone Championship Tour has been to chilly places such as Canada and Norway. This time it goes to the City of the sun – Verese, Italy. The event is sponsored by hardware company Zotac.
Games will take place between 6 and 8 July at the PALA2A, a basketball venue.
Rules of the tournament:
- Bring-your-own-device Grand Prix
- Up to 512 qualifying players allowed
- Swiss bracket that will narrow down to 16
- The top 16 will play single elimination playoffs
- Decklists are to be submitted through Battlefy
- EU server only
- Registration requires the purchase of a 3-day pass (€60)
Ticket sales open 20 April at 18:00 CEST (9:00 a.m. PDT) and close 29 June at 20:00 CEST (11 a.m. PDT). Spectator tickets for audience members will be available for sale up until the day of the tournament.
Travel and accommodation are self-funded by the participants. Tournament organisers are ready to answer questions at email@example.com.
The games themselves are scheduled like so:
- July 6: Swiss rounds 1 to 4, 13:00 to 22:00 CEST
- July 7: Swiss rounds 5 to 9, 11:00 to 22:00. CEST
- July 8: Top 16 playoffs, 11:00 to 22:00 CEST
The prize pool is 191 HCP and $25,000, and distributed as follows:
- $6,500 and 15 HCP for 1st place
- $3,500 and 12 HCP for 2nd place
- $1,500 and 10 HCP for 3rd and 4th place
- $1000 and 8 HCP for 5th to 8th place
- $500 and 6 HCP for 9th to 16th place
- $250 and 4 HCP for 17th to 32nd place
Registration link and additional tournament information will be made available at the official event website.