A special tournament will be the first time we see the new Witchwood cards in competitive games.
Blizzard just revealed the Hearthstone Inn-vitational, an exclusive invitational tournament for select Hearthstone personalities only.
The eight-player bracket will pit players from the North America and Europe regions against each other and will be the first time the new cards are being showcased. This is a big deal, since the decks that will be played by those pros will be very influential to the new metagame, at least in it’s very early stage. The tournament is scheduled for the day after The Witchwood’s release, so both competitors and spectators will have only 24 hours to open packs and test the cards in their new decks.
The Inn-vitational comes with unique tweaks to the tournament rules:
- Every deck must contain no less than eight cards from The Witchwood
- The first phase of the tournament will pit Player A from NA against Player A from EU after four matches.
- The games are Best-of-five Conquest with no bans. Every player brings three decks to play.
- For each round won in the first phase, a class ban will be earned. Those bans will be used in the second phase – the Grand Finals.
- The Grand Finals are winner-take-all. Both teams will nominate a representative to play for them.
- The two Finalists can use their existing decks or build new ones.
Here’s the complete list of the all-star competitors:
- Alexandra ‘Alliestrasza’ Macpherson
- James ‘Firebat’ Kostesich
- David ‘Dog’ Caero
- Janne ‘Savjz’ Mikkonen
- Jon ‘Orange’ Westberg
- Tyler ‘Tyler’ Hoang Nguyen
- Radu ‘RDU’ Dima
- Jeffrey ‘Sjow’ Brusi
Players from across the globe can tune in to the Hearthstone Twitch channel and watch the games live. Broadcast starts on 13 April at 9.00 a.m. PDT.